#NextGuestBlogger - My Second Outfit Post - Monochrome & Camo |

11.3.13


#NextGuestBlogger - My Second Outfit Post - Monochrome & Camo

For my second #nextguestblogger post I decided to work two Spring Summer 2013 trends – first off, monochrome proper (my last post was a softened version). Probably one of the biggest trends doing the rounds at the moment, you'll have seen monochrome on practically every top blogger during fashion week. And second, a trend I've seen bubbling up on quite a few blogs, especially in the US – camouflage, or camo. Christopher Kane breathed fresh life into camo with his blue shades take for AW13, so this is definitely a trend that will have a long life. So, the outfit – I chose some pretty classic pieces, black skinnies (rolled up to show a bit of ankle), a perfect pair of pointy-toed courts (I realised my wardrobe was severely lacking without a pair) and a long white collarless shirt (ideal for dressing up trouser and top outfits). The exciting pieces of this outfit are, of course, the cute camo jacket, which, you may have noticed, I chose to shoulder-robe in homage to the fashion week peacocks (actually shoulder-robing is something I've seen Italians – I'm half Italian btw! – do for many years) and the quite fabulous laser-cut iPad clutch. I really like how the clutch and heels turn what could be a very casual outfit into something verging on the glamorous. Teaming monochrome with a carefully chosen print or bright colour is a easy way to make a statement this spring and one I'm going to be doing again and again. What do you think? Do you like the outfit? Have you been wearing monochrome? And how do you feel about camo?

ps. All these pieces also come in Petite, which is what I'm wearing. I sized the shirt up to give a bigger shape and brightened up with a dash of red lippy.

pps. You can see my first #nextguestblogger post on the Next blog here and this one here.

#NextGuestBlogger - My Second Outfit Post - Monochrome & Camo
#NextGuestBlogger - My Second Outfit Post - Monochrome & Camo


#NextGuestBlogger - My Second Outfit Post - Monochrome & Camo








 photo FollowBloglovin_zpsc7c1747f.jpg photo FollowFacebook_zps3347f001.jpg photo FollowTwitter_zps4cc608d7.jpg
Like it? Hit the Google+ button!

4 comments:

  1. Love the added grunge feel with the army jacket! Very stylish indeed... As always Julia! xx

    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Edita, glad you like it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look! I'm currently on the hunt to find a replacement pair of black heels, they are a wardrobe staple!
    xM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous13.3.13

    Really love that white shirt!


    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete

« »
If you like this post please hit the Google+ button!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stylonylon - UK Fashion Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger