London Fashion Week - Christopher Kane AW13 - Some Snaps |

19.2.13

London Fashion Week - Christopher Kane AW13 - Some Photos

Wow, I never thought I could enjoy a fashion show so much. I know that sounds silly, I love fashion therefore I should love shows, right? Granted seeing fabulous designs marched out in front of you is a pleasure but what I've found goes along with shows is highly-strung anxiety – from the musical chairs as the right people are made sure they're put in the right seats to personal space land-grabbing on the benches and neck-craning celeb spotting – which encases and is individual to each show. Or maybe it's because I haven't been in a big enough venue, where practically 50% of the audience have a front row seat like today at the Christopher Kane showwhich was actually more like several shows in one. The multi-faceted collection was staged in a cavernous art gallery-like eighth floor on Cannon Street – the tinted windows flooding each section with primary colours – so spacious that any tense vibes (which sensitive souls like me always pick up on) were dissipated and dispersed. I felt relaxed and ready to enjoy the show. And boy, I did. With 55 models walking the 500m catwalk, I found myself gasping as each new mini-collection presented itself. In clumsy summary, the fur and blue camouflage, see-through coiled detailing, 3-D flowers on burgundy and black, velvet dresses with tulle bands, geometric print, feathered and filament-fringed (or tinsly?) dresses. Oh yes, and the silk-screen print of an MRI brain scan. As you can see from the photos, that's a lot of ideas crammed into one collection and that's what had me gasping in surprised delight. I loved the wide-legged trousers over the heels, the fur jacket over a mini-dress, the brain shift dress and please, please can I have a tinsly dress? And did I mention UK Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman was in the same (very crowded) lift as me? I didn't see Salma Hayek, unfortunately, whose husband is the CEO of PPR, the French company that now has a 51% stake in Christopher Kane and I'm guessing whose financial backing allowed for such an elaborate show. Anyway, bravo Mr Kane, I can't wait til next season.
London Fashion Week - Christopher Kane AW13 - Some Photos
London Fashion Week - Christopher Kane AW13 - Some Photos


London Fashion Week - Christopher Kane AW13 - Some Photos


 photo FollowBloglovin_zpsc7c1747f.jpg photo FollowFacebook_zps3347f001.jpg photo FollowTwitter_zps4cc608d7.jpg
Like it? Hit the Google+ button!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »
If you like this post please hit the Google+ button!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stylonylon - UK Fashion Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger