Hair Tutorial - Limited Edition Violet ghd Candy Collection Stylers |

20.5.13

Stylonylon - Hair Tutorial - ghd Candy Collection Stylers
I'm probably not the best person to be dishing out hair tutorials...

001. I'm a total novice when it comes to dealing with long hair. For the last 15 years I've had short (and very short) hair and variations of. I decided to grow my hair when I got pregnant so I wouldn't have to keep colouring it, part of my short-do look. As soon as it got long enough I started wearing my hair up in a scruffy bun (as documented to death on this blog). Secretly longing for a change, I jumped at the chance to trial these limited edition violet Candy Collection ghd stylers in the hope that I could come up with a brand new look.

002. With hazy memories of hair straightning in the distant past, I set about washing my tangled mass of tresses. Please note, in the picture above, the little bottle of Yarok Feed Your Youth hair oil kindly given to me to try by newly launched natural and organic beauty site abeautifulworld.co.uk – this best seller (a Sunday Times Style magazine favourite) is a lovely little treasure of product and frizz busting orange blossom oil which I rubbed through my roots pre-wash and left for 10 minutes to work its magic (the Yarok mousse is also brilliant, I'm told, and flying off the shelves). A rough upside-down blow-dry til almost dry and I started straightening.

003. First, I pinned the upper layers of one side up with a clip and got to work. The stylers heated up quickly (a red flashing light indicated their readiness) and were easy to handle. I made the noob mistake of running my hand through my hair immediately after which was hot, hot, hot! Once I got the hang of it, it became quite a calming process. I liked the way the straightners gave my ragtag ends a more polished look and made tidy work of my parting. You should know that one of the reasons I don't wear my hair down is the top of my head is narrow and doesn't provide enough of a framing base for my hair (IMHO!). It looks like a triangle, if that makes sense – so 70s! Which is I why jumped on the chance to try out a can of Tigi Bed Head Superstar Queen For a Day Thickening Spray. I sprayed some onto my roots to give my crown a little extra oomph. And in the end, I styled with a favourite old customised-with-Liberty-star-buttons headband. Et voila!

Stylonylon - Hair Tutorial - ghd Candy Collection Stylers



Stylonylon - Hair Tutorial - ghd Candy Collection Stylers


Stylonylon - Hair Tutorial - ghd Candy Collection Stylers

Stylonylon - Hair Tutorial - ghd Candy Collection Stylers
Stylonylon - Hair Tutorial - ghd Candy Collection Stylers

Stylonylon - Hair Tutorial - ghd Candy Collection Stylers

 photo FollowBloglovin_zpsc7c1747f.jpg photo FollowFacebook_zps3347f001.jpg photo FollowTwitter_zps4cc608d7.jpg
Like it? Hit the Google+ button!

2 comments:

« »
If you like this post please hit the Google+ button!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stylonylon - UK Fashion Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger